Date & Location: Thursday, April 19 through Saturday, April 21 at Micki Krebsbach Swimming Pool, 301 Deep Wood Drive, Round Rock, Texas. Games will begin at 6:00 PM on Thursday. Games on Friday and Saturday will begin at 8:30 AM.
Divisions: Varsity boys and girls teams from the TISCA Water Polo West Region are invited to compete for one of four spots in the TISCA Water Polo High School State Championships. Consolidated boys-coed, and consolidated girls teams are invited to participate in their own championships. The top four varsity finishers will qualify for State Championships in Austin on May 4-5.
- Girls Varsity: Top four teams will qualify for State Championship
- Boys Varsity: Top four teams will qualify for State Championship
- Consolidated teams are not eligible for State Championships
Format: All games and tie-breaker situations will use NFHS regulations unless otherwise noted. Each game will consist of four five-minute quarters. There will be two minutes between quarters for all games. If needed, games tied after four quarters will play a sudden victory period. This overtime rule is a modified version of NFHS rules. NFHS rules will apply at States. All teams get two timeouts per game (plus an extra timeout for overtime). First team listed wears white caps and starts to the left of the table. All teams will play at least two games.
Entry Fee: $230 per team entered. Make checks payable to “RRHS Water Polo Boosters” Fees paid to the Boosters after April 17 are $250. Click here for a pdf version of the invoice with payment details.
Game Schedule: On Thursday, April 12 or earlier the schedule will be published here and an email will be sent to all participating coaches or team administrators.
Rosters: Please use the West Region roster worksheet to submit, verify, or update your team roster(s) by Thursday, April 12. Include cap number, name, and grade in school for each athlete. Rosters are limited to 14 athletes, including goalkeeper(s), for the West Region Championship.
Awards: For each of divisions – boys varsity, girls varsity, and consolidated girls, consolidated boys – the following will be awarded: first, second, and third place teams; Most Valuable Player; Coach of the Year. All-Region teams will be selected for each division by the coaches.
Admission: There will be an admission fee of $4 for adults and $1 for students. For children 10 & under, there will be no admission charge.
Hospitality: There will be hospitality for all coaches and officials.
For additional information, please contact James Smith.
TISCA Regional Championship Rules
- Varsity teams are to be comprised solely of athletes who are currently enrolled at the high school they represent. Varsity teams and athletes should be prepared to verify their athletes’ school affiliation. If it is found that one or more athletes on a varsity team are not enrolled at the school for which they play, the team will be disqualified from the tournament and not re-invited the following season.
- Private- and home-school athletes can participate on a consolidated team if they are currently enrolled in a 9-12 grade high school program.
- Middle school-age children (6th, 7th, and 8th grades) are strictly prohibited from participating in any TISCA Water Polo activity.
- UPDATED: All varsity rosters are to be exclusive. No athlete is permitted to play for more than one varsity team.
- UPDATED: Girls are allowed to play for both consolidated girls teams and consolidated boys-coed teams at the tournament. Boys are not allowed on girls rosters, varsity or consolidated.
No athlete can play both consolidated and varsity games.
- UPDATED: Athletes are allowed to play both consolidated and varsity games. Consolidated coaches are strongly encouraged to utilize varsity non-starters only when necessary.
- All rosters are limited to 14 athletes.